Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our failing NHS

Our failing NHS

This morning I read that further cuts are planned to the NHS, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39031546 I find myself scared at the thought of further damage to an already broken system.

The NHS is seemingly on its knees and yet the Government continue to bleed it dry, to what end? this does not seem a reformed NHS better for the masses. Instead it seems an overused, underfunded system that is fit to bursting, not attractive and is becoming a dangerous place.

The government are strangling it on purpose, they want it to be privatised, to off load the cost burden. I'll warn you, once it is privatised we will not see a reduction in our taxes, instead we will have to pay for the treatment or get outrageously high insurance.

It shocks me that the country sits back and allows this to happen, without a care.

I see that The failures in the NHS are now being blamed on Brexit! Which, is quite shocking really, considering the NHS has been underfunded and crumbling since before the Brexit vote!

General practice 'on brink of collapse', warns leading doctor
    http://news.sky.com/story/general-pr...octor-10882212

Quote Originally Posted by guv-ner View Post
    I see that The failures in the NHS are now being blamed on Brexit!
    I think everything is being blamed on Brexit, I read somewhere that Starbucks were blaming a drop in coffee sales on Brexit. I dread to think what is going to happen what the time actually comes and we on own own.

When it finally collapses the government will try and off load the blame, I can foresee Brexit fast becoming a scapegoat for many failing enterprises and failures.

Is it possible that causing the NHS to crumble based on insufficient funds to support it, is in fact a ploy to raise taxes, knowing the population will go for that. When all along there were sufficient funds, but they needed a good excuse to raise funds that will be accepted by the masses?

I think the NHS is crippled by management taking massive pay rises and bonuses and they are completely out of touch with the staff that are on the front line. They need to cull a huge amount of management positions, make them have performance related pay and they need to do spot checks on them. Value those on the front line, give them decent pay and it will be a step in the right direction

This thread was started 3 years ago and sadly is as relevant today as it was then, if not more so! Each year we think it can’t get any worse, yet, here we are!

The NHS is mismanaged by people that maybe have the best intentions, but seemingly deliver the worst out comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Is it possible that causing the NHS to crumble based on insufficient funds to support it, is in fact a ploy to raise taxes, knowing the population will go for that. When all along there were sufficient funds, but they needed a good excuse to raise funds that will be accepted by the masses?
    I think you have a good point there. They sold the car parks off to private companies so stands to reason they will be selling our NHS!

There are lots of our NHSthat is already run by private companies, it is being chipped away without many people realising. But, what does it matter? People’s concern is they do not want a private healthcare system such as that in America. But what if everything stayed the same in terms of our funding and ability to gain free access, but once inside the nhs it was run by multiple, efficient companies?

Let’s be honest, the current system is failing, is this due to lack of funding? Or poor management? And too large a management structure?

Let’s be honest, 1 x senior manager = 5 health care assistants that actually give the care to the patient! I think you should be hard pushed to justify the manager!