Thread: U turns and protests!

U turns and protests!

I have noticed that if you don’t like something the government puts in place you just go out on a mass protest and the government does a U-turn and bows down to pressure.

In some cases this is good but where will it end?

Is this a good thing or a bad?

I think it could be a bad thing if the protests became more violent to make the government do a U turn but there are some times when it is necessary to make a stand.

I think it’s good in one way, as it gives people the opportunity to change things, but the negative side is that if people don’t get the change they want, they may keep ramping up the levels of protest to levels that we have seen in America.

Maybe it would be good if the Government got appropriate advisers in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by GretaSundberg View Post
    I think it’s good in one way, as it gives people the opportunity to change things, but the negative side is that if people don’t get the change they want, they may keep ramping up the levels of protest to levels that we have seen in America.

Maybe it would be good if the Government got appropriate advisers in the first place!
    I agree with you GretaSundberg I think it is making the government look weak if they keep bowing down to pressure from the public. Listen to the BEST advice and stick to your decision!

I would rather see a government that was willing to accept their errors and make a u-turn on decisions than one that is unwilling to lose face and stick with a decision that does not work!

Another death in USA yesterday and protests and riots with vandalism to make a point. Why is it okay to vandalise people’s business and property to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Another death in USA yesterday and protests and riots with vandalism to make a point. Why is it okay to vandalise people’s business and property to make a point?
    I honestly don’t get it! People are protesting about injustice, yet they go and cause injustice, they absolutely decimate the businesses, livelihoods and lives of innocent people. I think it is disgusting seeing what is happening in America and the police really need to get a grip of their role, but maybe America should be looking at why the police force are so trigger happy.

I think it is a bad idea to bow down to pressure and the government needs to seek advice from several areas including the public before making a decision then stick to it

I think the Government has sought way too much advice from the wrong people, hence all the u-turns. Who on earth are advising these people?

Saying that, it has been reported in the news this morning that the advice given on the exams fiasco was the ‘last option’, and that the government went with the last option as the first option. you couldn’t make it up!