Thread: Honey gets recognition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Honey gets recognition

On August 19 2020 Honey finally got recognition for its healing powers, a fact that my dearest Nanna knew since her conception in 1910!

So, some 110 years later research has shown that honey is better at easing sore throats, coughs, blocked noses and congestion better than conventional medicines, including antibiotics!

I find it such a sad state of affairs, that something is only good when the scientists say it is, a fact that is questionable in itself! Let’s face it, scientists said that cigarettes are not harmful, and sugar doesn’t cause any negative effects, and that fat in our diet is bad for us!

That said, I think it is important that we focus on this good news, but a word of caution! The honey that is beneficial for our health is the organic, raw honey, or the Manuka honey. The typical honey available in supermarkets has little, to no beneficial qualities and is in fact a sugar syrup due to its treatment process and heating.

Yes, you pay more for the good stuff, but that’s because it’s good stuff!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I saw this on the news, Manuka honey is more beneficial than cough medicine for a cough but I think most people knew this. Scientists say a lot of things and I think you have to take everything with a pinch of salt.

I was so excited to see this on the news, a great step forward

Crazy! . Yet there is a reason that cough syrups have been using honey for.... well.... ever!

Why is it that natural medicines seem to have to wait for science to endorse it before it is considered therapeutic? Yet all of our well known medicines come from plants!

I love honey, it has so many uses, my Grandmother used to have a spoon of honey every day. What I know now about honey, I would encourage her to take the more healthier raw, organic honey.

Honey contains B vitamins, amino acids, proteins, phenol antioxidants and micronutrients.
    Calcium, copper, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.

More importantly it contains enzymes which are good for helping you to digest foods, and it helps your gut to grow healthy bacteria. And of course, honey is a rich source of antibacterial properties.
    Last edited by Yogi001; 9th September 2020 at 18:12.

Sadly the honey that most people buy and can afford is just sugar, with no medicinal properties. I think it is important that raise this fact, because people will think they are buying a healthy product, when in fact they are not, quite the opposite is true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Sadly the honey that most people buy and can afford is just sugar, with no medicinal properties. I think it is important that raise this fact, because people will think they are buying a healthy product, when in fact they are not, quite the opposite is true!
    I have heard that some cheaper brands of honey are not 100% honey and are often ‘cut’ with other sugar syrups to bulk them out. What honey do you use Louise?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    What honey do you use Louise?

Hi Daisy, I use Tiana raw, organic honey which I buy from H&B it is £11.99, I wish I could afford the higher strength honey, but this is okay

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Name:  6780A4BC-08D6-469D-9707-3E2FD466A313.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  11.5 KB
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

What does the 10+ stand for? I’ve noticed the higher the numbers, the higher the price!