Thread: Are our schools becoming dangerous places?

Lightbulb Are our schools becoming dangerous places?

There seems to be a sad increase in teenagers killing, who is to blame, the parents or the child?

A teenager who killed teaching assistant Lindsay Birbeck and buried her body in a cemetery has been jailed.

Rocky Marciano Price, 17, was captured on CCTV pulling a wheelie bin with Mrs Birbeck's body inside it, before she was found dead in a shallow grave.

Price, who previously could not be named, was convicted of her murder on Wednesday.
    Mrs Birbeck, 47, was missing for two weeks before her body was found at Accrington Cemetery, on 24 August 2019.

At Preston Crown Court the judge, Mrs Justice Yip, jailed Price, 17 and of Accrington, for life, with a minimum tariff of 16 years in custody.

I don’t think our schools are a dangerous place - Yet!

But, I think there is a change in people and society, I see people stressed out, uptight and coiled like springs, mental health seems to be all around us, people seem angry and this includes the children. All the kids seem to be suffering from ‘mental health’ issues in one form or another. As a result I think this will show in more and more harm to teachers and school children, possibly even going down the US route. Our only saving grace is that guns are not readily available like they are in the US.

I think secondary schools are going to end up going down the same route as USA as more and more children are carrying knives and teachers are being attacked. I think September will be very difficult for school staff as children have six months off with no discipline in a lot of cases!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary03 View Post
    I think secondary schools are going to end up going down the same route as USA as more and more children are carrying knives and teachers are being attacked. I think September will be very difficult for school staff as children have six months off with no discipline in a lot of cases!
    This is very true and along with the new era of ‘woke’, I feel sorry for any person working in schools!

Teachers and teaching assistants are leaving the profession because of the abuse they get in school and the kids lack of interest.

I think kids these days have no respect as their parents are having to work longer hours to keep a roof over their head and they rely on teachers to discipline them which creates a volatile environment in school! I worry for our future as teachers are not allowed to say or do the wrong thing so kids rule the school!!