Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandatory vaccination

Blog Entries
    There seems to be a real misconception about vaccines. Obviously I can not speak about the Covid-19 vaccine, as this is currently an unknown. But, if it is anything like the other annual vaccines then it will not stop people getting Covid-19, it will just lesson the impact of symptoms and this is only in 40-70% of cases depending on age etc

I get annoyed when I hear the ‘push’ to have the flu vaccine to ‘protect others’, how and why will you getting the vaccine protect others? It won’t stop you getting flu, or spreading it, that’s why it is not given to everyone. It is only given to those people likely to suffer severe symptoms.

So how will this vaccine be any different? and why undertake mass vaccination when there is a massive percentage of the population that do not have any symptoms at all
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    No, no, no this is outrageous you can’t make a vaccination mandatory
    I think they will struggle to make it mandatory in this country, but that is not to say they can encourage people to get it, by restricting people’s movement if they don’t have it.
    Organically Pure

I was watching a Netflix documentary about the next pandemic, this film was made/released in November 2019. Bill Gates was in the film and he said that it takes about 5 years to successfully develop a vaccine. He went on to say that a new way of making a vaccine could reduce that time to around 16 weeks! But he also stated that we were way off from that!

I think as cases are on the rise again people will be only to pleased to get vaccinated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I think as cases are on the rise again people will be only to pleased to get vaccinated.
    I think you are right, there will be a big demand for it, and this is certainly being played out with the winter flu vaccine at the moment. I see that Boots have halted their offer of the flu vaccine, due to demand!
    Organically Pure

As we get nearer the roll out of the vaccine, there seems to be a new emphasis on making it mandatory, and this voice seems to be coming from some of the medical establishment. Certainly in America the view is that is should be made mandatory, with threats of unemployment, unable to access schooling, along with restrictions on travel and social freedom.

The suggestion that initially it should be optionally mandatory, and this will be persuaded by strong rhetoric such as....

A Yale University study conducted in July evaluated messaging strategies including guilt, economic benefit, trust in science, embarrassment, and community benefit to measure the effects on not only confidence in the vaccine itself but how willing the participants were to persuade others to take the shot – and how much they feared or looked down on those who had not received it. The results of that study have not been published.

Swiftly followed by it becoming mandatory, with strong threats and limited social freedoms to all those that don’t comply. I have to wonder what the agenda is in all of this? I am not one to believe that with everything there is a conspiracy, but it does seem extraordinary that a virus with a 80% (and higher) does not even show symptoms in people, with 10% having mild symptoms which are manageable at home, and the final 10% are hospitalised, with 1% ending up in critical care of which 0.05 - 0.1% die.
    This virus has resulted in millions of people worldwide losing their jobs, access to healthcare, loss of businesses, global restrictions on movement, increases in suicide, increases in non Covid related deaths (due to lack of access to healthcare)
    Yet laws have been brought in to curb our movements and our freedoms, fines are being handed out and potentially the enforcement of a vaccine- are we sure the figures stack up? Are we really looking at the whole picture and weighing up the costs? Surely when we consider anything for the populous we need to consider all the implications to the wider community. Hasn’t it always been the case that the few suffer for the benefit of the greater?

Going off slightly here, but if everyone got vaccinated as they hope that would result in about 15 billion plastic syringes added to this planet, because the vaccine is said to be needed in two doses!

That is not including all the additional disposable equipment that goes along with making and giving injections!

I think the idea of making it mandatory is very scary, especially when this is a vaccine unlike any other, this technology has never been used before and it is one that potentially interacts with our own DNA.

I certainly think caution should be given to this vaccine.

As frieghtening as this thought is, it seems to be a likely reality very soon. In Australia it is now official that the freedom to travel outside of Australia in the future will be dependant on the need to have the vaccine. No doubt there will be other in-house restrictions for example attending school, college, university, gatherings etc

I am not sure what the agenda is with this, but it does seem that the numbers of those infected, with severe symptoms do seem to be a very small minority