Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being regular - let’s talk bowels!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Being regular - let’s talk bowels!

My dear Nanna used to obsessed about her bowel habits, I’m not sure where this came from, but she would take meds to ensure she was regular!

Personally, I prefer to take a more natural approach through my diet to ensure that I too am regular. Daily is good, it’s okay to miss one day, but I make sure I don’t go into day three without dispelling my toxins

However, it astounds me how many people allow themselves to go 5 + days without emptying their bowels, and more importantly they seem unconcerned. There seems little emphasis by the medical profession to highlight the need for daily ‘off-loading’ of these toxins.

Given this, it is no wonder we live in such a sick and unhealthy society!
    Last edited by Janice; 26th August 2020 at 06:26.

The woman I work with, her father was adamant that they all had a spoonful of castor oil growing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2Two View Post
    The woman I work with, her father was adamant that they all had a spoonful of castor oil growing up!
    I heard about the castle oil thing as a child too but I must be luck because I wake up and go straight away! I was constipated once on a camping trip and it was so painful!

Maybe your Nan had been constipated once and it frightened her. It is so painful isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Maybe your Nan had been constipated once and it frightened her. It is so painful isn’t it?
    I know children can have a fear of passing their poo if they have had a painful experience from constipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I know children can have a fear of passing their poo if they have had a painful experience from constipation.

My poor Niece suffered with fear of passing her poo when she was younger, it took many, many months to help her overcome this fear, and sadly the food she wanted to eat, did not help to make things any easier!

I would definitely encourage children to have fruit smoothies and slip some secret veg in too!

Being a man I like to take my time and sit with the newspaper, I can’t be rushed when it comes to bowel movements

My daughter became constipated as a very young child and it was incredibly painful to open her bowels and the stools were huge which led her to have a fear of going to the toilet which then led to yet more constipation and she ended up in hospital. My advice would be to give them fruit as soon as they can take solids so they don’t have to suffer like my poor daughter did.

I went into Boots the Chemist yesterday and noticed the whole array of medications to help people become regular! What is shockingly that constipation is generally a poor diet problem, or a medication issue. Just simply changing your diet can help to overcome many of these issues, without the need for further medication.

Blog Entries
    It is very rare I struggle with my bowels, but If I do, or feel I want to have a good clear out, I choose Triphala, I always buy organic and have benefitted from these brands

https://www.pukkaherbs.com/uk/en/pro...hala-plus.html

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Tri...1-67b29ab0ca13
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life