Thread: A difficult conversation!

A difficult conversation!

My daughter has a male friend who is gay but is too scared to tell his family as they are catholic and make it very obvious they are against same sex relationships. He lives every day for them, he is at university studying to be a doctor because his parents want him to do that and he has ‘girlfriends’ as a cover so his family don’t know he is gay.

Should he live a lie to make his family happy?

Do your parents dictate your life?

Should a gay person have to make a big announcement about it?

I would tell the truth and damn the consequences! I couldn’t care less if my son or daughter is gay it’s their life not yours.

I really don’t think it is anyone else’s business what your sexual preference is. I feel so sorry for gays people feeling the need to have to make a big announcement

Too much emphasis on sexuality these days in my opinion. I couldn’t care less what you want to label yourself it’s your business not mine!

Never live a lie to make your family happy, let’s be honest any true family member simply want the best for their child, your beliefs should always come second to the love for your family and what is right for them.

How sad that a family can make him feel like this. Personally I would take my chances and tell them and if they can’t accept you for who you are that’s their loss. Why do you feel you have to live the life THEY want when they don’t live the life YOU want

This seems to be happening a lot, your life is nobodies business but your own and that includes your sexuality