Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Frankincense - Boswelia

Name:  971DF094-636E-40C1-BADC-5E3F9CE4E003.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  21.5 KB

Frankincense
    Frankincense is a distilled resin from a small tree that grows wild in the countries of North East Africa, Oman and Yemen.

Key actions:
    Anti-inflammatory, astringent, uplifting and toning.

Benefits:
    Skin
    An excellent oil for improving skin tone and for treating ageing skin and wrinkles. Frankincense can also help to reduce scar tissue; the antiseptic and astringent properties help to close wounds and heal ulcers.

Nervous system
    Frankincense has both a calming and uplifting effect and helps to enhance concentration, which is why this precious oil is so commonly used in meditation. When used in a massage it helps to treat stress, anxiety and tension.

Coughs and colds
    Frankincense oil has a soothing effect on mucous membranes and can help relieve coughs, bronchitis and laryngitis when used in inhalations or a diffuser.

Usage:
    See 'Safe Use of Essential Oils' article

Bath, massage, inhalation, diffusion, skin lotion or toner.

Blends well with: Citrus oils, Spice oils, Basil, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Myrrh, Neroli, Pine, Sandalwood and Vetiver.

Safety:
    Safe in dilution.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I love the smell of frankincense, it always relaxes me and reminds me of my trips to Egypt. It’s amazing how smells can impact us and our emotions, I think this impact is very underestimated.

I have only ever thought of frankincense as something the Three Wise Men carried to Jesus! Where on Earth would you buy it?

Frankincense essential oil can help to soothe and even out skin tone. There have been suggestions that it can help to promote new skin cells, tighten skin and reduce the appearance of facial scars.

Maybe this was why it was valued enough to take to the birth of Jesus!