Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Titanium Dioxide free foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    It’s found in most cosmetics and toiletries and anything they want to make appear whiter - toothpaste for instance. It also coded CI77891
    I never knew about this, but after reading your post, I have been quite surprised by how many products contain Titanium Dioxide, it’s shocking. It seems they may be a strong link to to irritable bowel disorders too. Thanks for raising this issue.

Out of curiosity have you done a heavy metal detox to try and help your body eliminate any traces of heavy metals that may remain in your body? as these can be notorious to rid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    toothpaste for instance. It also coded CI77891
    Thanks for raising this Jayne, I didn't know of the issues with this ingredient, I have rushed to look at my toothpaste and I think I'm fairly safe with that, unless it goes by some other name!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I’m guessing that some people can use products that contain TD and have no adverse problems, when I’ve looked at my products, I’ve noticed that many contain TD, I am not aware of any health problems.

I read that when TD is used in lotion and creams the exposure is minimal. However, when it is powered form, with the potential for it to be inhaled, it is classed as a carcinogen. It is recommended not to use pressed and loose powders containing TD!

Interesting thread, I never knew about the harmful chemicals, but since reading this, I have looked at my new shampoo, for lifting my coloured hair, and noticed that TD is in the shampoo. What I’ve also noticed is that my skin has broken out with dry patches, almost like eczema since I’ve been using the shampoo.

Which has now been binned! Thank you for highlighting this ingredient.

I read that titanium dioxide is found in sun cream so you protect your skin against cancer by applying the cream but the cream is dangerous too!

Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Have you changed your toothpaste too?
    Is titanium dioxide in toothpaste?