Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for many years and despite numerous trips to the doctors I have only ever been given more pills, with very little effect. six months ago a friend introduced me to a product with minerals in, of which I take religiously.

The difference it has made to my every day life is amazing and as a result I don't feel so depressed either (an added bonus). I never would have believed the difference vitamins and minerals can make to our overall health. But I feel frustrated that my doctor didn't tell me this, instead choosing to give me more and more medication.

Hello Morris 1954,

Did you see the article on Frankincense, it said that it has benefits for joint pain. Maybe worth a try.

Hi, I saw this and thought id tell you about something I read about the cause of fibromyalgia. Let me first start my saying I don't actually understand what I'm going to tell you. But it may lead you to look for some answers to your condition.

I read that there is a link with all auto-immune disorders and intra-phagocytic bacterial pathogenesis.

Which basically means that the human microbiome (a group of organisms that live in us) may be linked to auto-immune disorders, such as fibromyalgia.

Having said all of that, I cant offer any explanation as to how you can make things better with this information.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Teri123, Its really difficult to understand all these microbiomes, and from what I understand it is a developing science too. So more understanding will develop over time.

keep an eye out in the article section for more information about microbiomes.

I was having a quick look at fibromyalgia, a woman at work has it. I know that A and B vitamins are good for nerves and neurological functioning.
    Also Magnesium is excellent for muscle relaxation.

Ensuring you have a wide variety of fruits, vegetable, spices and herbs in your diet may help to reduce your symptoms.

I am right in thinking that fibromyalgia is a condition where the recipient is in pain throughout their body, but there is no known cause. Which is what makes it so difficult to treat. yet anti-depressants are often prescribed and IBS may also be a linking factor?

If this is the case, why don't you try looking at your gut health, get that to work really well, and stock up on foods that help to lift your mood naturally. load up on B-vitamins which are good for nerve functioning.

You should attend a yoga class. Several studies suggest that yoga may help ease symptoms of fibromyalgia. Researchers in the journal Pain linked yoga to lower levels of fibromyalgia-related pain among participants.

I read in a book (Life-changing foods by Anthony Williams) that the cause of fibromyalgia is viral. Therefore it is possible to overcome it, it is not a condition you have for life, which is great news. The foods to avoid if you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia is dairy and rape seed oil or canola oil.
    the food to eat to help reduce the symptoms are herbs, such as Thyme, celery and coriander and fruits such as cherries, grapes, papaya's and cucumbers.
    This book makes an interesting read, especially if you suffer from 'mystery illnesses'.

Is fibromyalgia on the increase? And does it really exist as a condition? (I’m sure will upset a few people) what I mean is it a condition or a set of symptoms? Surely it is about increased nerve sensitivity?

Is it worth keeping a food diary to see if anything the person eats triggers the sensitivity. I saw that some people suggest it is grain related, but is it the grain, or the toxins added to the grain in the growing process?

We know that weed suppression used in agriculture works on the basis of a nerve agent in minute does, maybe people are sensitive to the chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris1954 View Post
    I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for many years and despite numerous trips to the doctors I have only ever been given more pills, with very little effect. six months ago a friend introduced me to a product with minerals in, of which I take religiously.

The difference it has made to my every day life is amazing and as a result I don't feel so depressed either (an added bonus). I never would have believed the difference vitamins and minerals can make to our overall health. But I feel frustrated that my doctor didn't tell me this, instead choosing to give me more and more medication.
    You don’t say what the product is?