Thread: Returning to work or not?

Returning to work or not?

Boris Johnson is calling for people to return to offices to help boost the economy as there has been a huge impact on food services in the area.

Should you stay at home to protect yourself or should you return to help boost the economy?

I think this is a tricky one because you should really look after yourself and your loved ones but I know a few people are genuinely scared to return to the office but jobs are being lost when they don’t!

I think there are a lot of reasons to go back as it is a more professional environment (eg, no dogs barking or babies crying), mores pcial interaction and local food businesses are supported at lunch times etc but on the other hand it is actually better for our planet if we work from home as there are less cars etc on the road so less pollution.

The need to get people back to work seems to be based on financial need, rather than anything else, which I get. Certainly in London it is a huge cafe culture, but in most other parts of the country, people don’t all rush out to buy take out for food, or end up in wine bars after work. So I’m not really sure of the impact of getting people back to work during a time when infections will be on the rise.

I think people need to get back to work if they are fit enough, my dad called a company for help the other day and the advisor said he was just on a ladder cleaning the windows so could he hang on a minute while he gets down, wtf kind of image does that give your company

I wonder whether people are using Covid as an excuse not to return to work, I know of a few people who were called into work over lockdown and they said they were meeting friends!! They were happy to take the furlough and risk getting the virus by meeting with friends but didn’t want to come into work!

I think if you can successfully work from home, your employer is happy and you want to, then why not? It will help to reduce the traffic on the road, reduce pollution and reduce work place stress...

I work in a toxic environment and due to return to work next week and I feel physically sick about going back. There is a part of me that misses the routine of getting up and making the effort to get dressed up and there are some good times when you can share your feelings and have a laugh. I think on the whole it is better to work away from home so there is a feeling of separation of the two places

I saw in the news this morning that 4/5’s of people are working from home now so it is going to hit the High street stores and travel companies very hard.