Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is a hairstyle racist?

It’s all over the news that a former Love Island contestant was disgusting because she had her photograph taken wearing Indian headgear on a modelling shoot. Why is this her fault, she was doing her job but it’s classed as cultural appropriation nowadays. Maybe they are just celebrating the Indian culture, why is it only now that this is not appropriate?

It is the small minority that want to get everyone wound up on behalf of the many! I know many people of different cultures and I don’t know any of those people that are actually offended by such things.

I think what annoys me is that so many white people seem to be offended on behalf of other cultures, almost drowning out the voices of those people they are offended for!
    Let’s be honest, the people that are living in these different countries have a lot more things to be concerned about that if someone is wearing a braid in their hair, or an item of clothing. If people are so concerned about these other cultures and what they are affected by, get up and stand up for their women’s rights, the right to be safe, respected, be educated, to be recognised as equal.
    If a person really cared, that’s the voice we should hear!