Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy scalp

Itchy scalp

Hi,
    Can anyone suggest anything to help improve my itchy scalp, it drives me crazy.
    I think I've tried just about every shampoo and conditioner available, but nothing works.
    Any ideas?

Hi Morris1954,

This is not exactly a product, but these ideas may offer some comfort.

1) 1 x tablespoon of veg oil and 2-3 drops of Tea Tree oil, massage into scalp, leave for 5 minutes, then wash off with shampoo.

2) Lemon juice directly applied to the scalp if you have dandruff, leave on for 5 minutes then shampoo off

3) Put equal amounts of Apple Cider Vinegar and water into a spray bottle, spray on damp hair, leave on for 5 minutes, wash off with shampoo.

Keep us posted, best of wishes

Have you considered it might me the use of shampoo's and conditioners? maybe you are allergic to what they have in them all? - just a thought.

I think John B may be right, I think it has something to do with the sulphates and parabens in the shampoos, I think they make the shampoo bubble up. I know Liz Earle does a sulphate free shampoo. I've never tried it, but you could give that a go.

Have you tried coconut oil? It seems it's used on everything now-a-days.

Try massaging into your scalp, leave in overnight (sleep on a towel over your pillow) in the morning shampoo off, and bingo!

If this doesn't work, at least you'll have nice nails.

Chinese medicine would suggest that maybe your dry scalp is due to an overworked liver or a blood deficiency.
    It might be worth having a look to see what they say about overcoming these problems.

I Changed my shampoo to one that is free of just about everything. It seems the less you get in these products the more you pay

Anyway, my scalp is much improved, but not perfect.

Blog Entries
    Have a good look at your diet, are you getting enough of the right oils, does your skin feel generally dry? You may need to add in a probiotic to your diet or increase your good fats to help your body produce your natural protective oils.

Blog Entries
    Hi Morris1954,
    I suffered with an itchy scalp and changed my shampoo multiple of time to achieve an itch free scalp, only to find short relief.
    i tried Phillip Kingsley 'itchy flaky' shampoo with some benefit, the range also does a shampoo and conditioner which is free of everything, I used that as my conditioner. An excellent range, which I would recommend if you can afford it. Personally, I wanted to find something cheaper and more sustainable financially.
    whilst buying my toothpaste (Lavera), I came across the whole range of products, so thought I'd give it a go, I have found the over several washes my scalp has got better and better.

I also, try to tackle dry skin from the inside, by making sure I have nutrients that will support my natural oils. It is important to be aware that beauty and health comes from within, out skin is an outward sign of internal issues.

Apple cider vinegar has antibacterialTrusted Source, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties. It can help reduce itching caused by dry skin. Try diluting apple cider vinegar in warm water and using it as a rinse after shampooing to alleviate dandruff and an itchy scalp.