Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus cases on the rise!

Coronavirus cases on the rise!

A further 2,988 cases of coronavirus have been reported in the UK in the past 24 hours, government data showed.

It is the highest number reported on a single day since 22 May and a rise of 1,175 on Saturday, according to the UK government's coronavirus dashboard.
    Health Secretary Matt Hancock said he was "concerned" about a rise in cases "predominantly among young people".

Two further deaths within 28 days of a positive test were recorded, taking the total number of UK deaths to 41,551.

Mr Hancock added: "It's so important that everybody does their bit and follows the social distancing because it doesn't matter how old you are, how affected you might be by this disease, you can pass the disease on to others."
    "So don't pass the disease on to your grandparents if you're a young person, everybody needs to follow the social distancing."

Is it really on the rise or are we just testing more?

How do you feel about a second lockdown?

Would you comply?

I’m not sure what to believe anymore, I’m beginning to think we are being fed a load of rubbish!

I’m really not sure, who is being tested? People with symptoms, it would be nice to hear the statistics of how many of those tested had no symptoms, this would give everyone a clearer picture.

This is a good thing, isn’t it? The number that are testing positive are increasing, but the death rates and those needing admission to hospital remain static. Which is surely the ultimate goal, this will give heard immunity.

We keep being told we have to learn to ‘live with this’, yet, in the next breath they are saying, lock down, don’t go out, don’t live your normal life. The advice is so conflicting, and has been since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rach89 View Post
    I’m beginning to think we are being fed a load of rubbish!
    I think the virus is very real, but I think that the way it has been handled is terrible. Companies seem to be going way over the top. There is a lot of criticism about people not complying anymore, but In all fairness it is becoming mentally taxing.
    Some cafes you can only have disposable items, others you get treated like a human being. Some shops usher you around cones and apparatus, while others you can freely walk around with your mask on.

It is crazy and no wonder people have given up! Of course it is on the rise, this was always expected, but we have to keep living a life as safely as possible, taking all illness into the equation.

More restrictions going into the Autumn, but will they make a difference? So I can’t mix with more than 6 of my family at anyone time, but I can go to the ‘Covid secure’ pub and hang out there. What a crazy situation. Also, what are these social distancing Marshall’s that will entering our towns to ensure social distancing?

Personally, I feel very sorry for these people, because the backlash they will get, will be huge! I can foresee less and less people going into their local shopping areas, with these restrictions.

Well we are now entering a second wave and once again we cannot meet more than 6 people in a group. Where will it end? I think we need to catch the virus and take our chances.

Cases are going to be on the rise surely as more people are getting tested and we are mixing more. I just don’t understand why we should lockdown again but they are keeping schools open where multiple households are mixing via their children!

Jeez, you really would think that this is the most fundamentally important thing on the planet! Of course they are on the rise, it was always said they would be come the winter time! Personally I’m sick of the whole thing. They are closing in on the younger people who mainly keep the economy going, rather than locking down older people or those most vulnerable, I don’t wish this to sound awful and uncaring, but I thought there was a believe to gain herd immunity to the majority, while trying to protect the minority.

Instead the plan seems to be targeting the younger people!

It seems the virus has mutated and is now targeting younger people that back in March we were advised were at a low risk. There also see,s to be a stomach COVID that is not being openly talked about but is showing up in hospitals. I personally think this is a man made virus, like a modern warfare without the weapons!!