Thread: Jasmine - Jasmine offcinale

Blog Entries

Jasmine - Jasmine offcinale

Name:  CF522DC8-1733-4F71-A2CA-047F9610D85F.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  20.1 KB

Jasmine
    A native to India, jasmine has long been highly prized for its evocative scent. The flowers are too delicate to be distilled, so the absolute is produced by solvent extraction mainly in France, India and Morocco.

Key actions:
    Uplifting and relaxing.

Benefits:
    Skin
    Beneficial for treating hot, dry and inflamed skin, especially if triggered by emotional stress.
    Jasmine essential oil may be applied undiluted directly to the skin as a perfume.

Aphrodisiac
    Helps create an atmosphere of relaxation and enjoyment beneficial in the treatment of both impotence and frigidity.

Mind and emotions
    Refreshing, calming and soothing, jasmine is most effective when there is a clear link between psychological stress and physical discomfort. As a massage the relaxing properties help to ease contracted muscles and tension.

Women's health
    Massage on the abdomen to ease menstrual cramps and help relieve the pain of labour.

Usage:
    See 'Safe Use of Essential Oils' article

Bath, diffusion, massage, compress, skin toner or perfume.

Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Orange, Rose and Ylang ylang.

Safety:
    No known adverse effects
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I love the smell of jasmine and I use the essential oil in my burner to create a calm atmosphere