Thread: Spray on film

Spray on film

The latest invention is spray on film, to help keep produce longer!

When will we learn that the more chemicals we apply to food, the sicker we will get as a nation!

Apparently, this lab made spray on film is easily washable and is edible and will help to keep food shelf life longer by 2.5 times, this films main ingredient is starch!

What can go wrong!

Seriously! I thought fruits and veg were already sprayed with a chemical which slows down the decaying process. Why add more ? I don’t like the idea of there being a ‘film’ applied.

They’ve been using this stuff for years I reckon!

Refrigerating keeps fruit and veg fresher for longer why do we need to spray a chemical on them?

So, it is a well documented fact that 70% of cancers are caused by food and environmental factors, so why would any company develop more chemical toxins to add into the food chain. Also, we must not forget that anything we wash off, is added to the water we drink!

These films have been around for years

I thought this was quite interesting...

‘Food and Agriculture Organization/FAO 2003) have been urging nations everywhere to promote consumption of fruits and vegetables, as a diet high in such foods has been found to be associated with decreased incidences of birth defects, mental and physical retardation, weakened immune systems, blindness, cardio-vascular diseases, and some forms of cancer and diabetes (Ford and Mookdad 2001; Genkinger et al. 2004; Hung et al. 2004; FAO 2003). WHO (2002) has estimated that low fruit and vegetable intake is among the top ten risk factors contributing to mortality (2.7 million deaths each year). They also reported that 19% of gastrointestinal cancer, 31% of ischemic heart disease, and 11% of stroke occurrences are caused by low intake of fruits and vegetables.’

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...and_Vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    These films have been around for years

I thought this was quite interesting...

‘Food and Agriculture Organization/FAO 2003) have been urging nations everywhere to promote consumption of fruits and vegetables, as a diet high in such foods has been found to be associated with decreased incidences of birth defects, mental and physical retardation, weakened immune systems, blindness, cardio-vascular diseases, and some forms of cancer and diabetes (Ford and Mookdad 2001; Genkinger et al. 2004; Hung et al. 2004; FAO 2003). WHO (2002) has estimated that low fruit and vegetable intake is among the top ten risk factors contributing to mortality (2.7 million deaths each year). They also reported that 19% of gastrointestinal cancer, 31% of ischemic heart disease, and 11% of stroke occurrences are caused by low intake of fruits and vegetables.’

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...and_Vegetables
    Very interesting to read that, although I can’t say I’ve noticed a big global push to encourage people to eat more fruit and veg! It is clearly being lost somewhere in translation.