Thread: The rise in colorectal cancer in young adults

The rise in colorectal cancer in young adults

Colorectal cancer has long been a cancer suffered by older people, or more precisely, those aged over 50 yrs, and these have made up in the region of 90% of those diagnosed with bowel cancer.

However, there has been an increasing amount of young people (<50 yrs old) diagnosed with bowel cancer this has been a 51% increase since 1994, and an average of between 1-3% yearly increase!

What is driving this increase in bowel (colon) cancer in the younger generation?

This is quite shocking, it seems all cancers are on the rise in children and young adults. Surely it has to be environment and food!

I can’t say I’m surprised when you see what children eat and drink. Sadly, even babies are given juice drinks as soon as they are born, why not water?

The human body is battling toxins from the minute is arrives, and while mothers milk will always be better than shop bought, that quality varies massively depending on what the mother eats. There should be more emphasis on this.

This has to be the cause of increasing cancer rates in children.

There seems to be little u defat ding between the food a mother eats in preparation do become pregnant, during pregnancy and post pregnancy to the health outcomes of the child!

I wonder if there is a connection with young people’s intake of fast foods in excess which can cause constipation and irritated bowels?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatie View Post
    I wonder if there is a connection with young people’s intake of fast foods in excess which can cause constipation and irritated bowels?
    I’m sure there must be, let’s be honest, children probably very rarely eat one meal of fresh veg a day. So most of what they would eat will be highly processed, low nutrition, highly toxic food!

I think it is unhealthy bowel habits brought on by too much fast food etc