Thread: Time out to heal

Time out to heal

I’m definitely feeling the need to zone out from the world, and listening to friends and family and reading comments on here it seems I’m not alone.

I find that turning to self yoga practice and meditation gives me a sense of inner peace and calm with the world. When I don’t give myself as little as 10 minutes a day, I find my anxiety and stress level rise, so much quicker when I am out and about.

Is there anyone else that is benefiting from yoga or meditation during this time?

I have done meditation in the past and found it very helpful, but I’ll be honest, I have kind of fallen off the wagon for a while, and I just seem so busy, I struggle to find the time to fit it in, which I know is a poor argument. It’s always when we are at our most busiest that we should practice these things!

Thank you for the reminder, I will endeavour to find some time, once again.

There is a huge rise in mindful apps and they can be really good as it makes you take time out to concentrate on breathing techniques and calming down

I have an Apple Watch and you can set it up so you can do deep breathing exercises, this gives you a chance to calm down, admittedly it’s not meditation, but you have to breathe in time with the pulse, which helps you to relax.

I don’t know whether it’s a sign of the times, but I do find it is hard to quieten my mind, concentration seems really hard!

I have found myself needing to find space to myself, this possible second wave and lock down that is coming and the ever changing laws and advice just seem to leave the world in a place of anxiety, which I think is quite palpable.

I too am struggling to quieten my mind, but I have started to use a dimly lit room and a candle for focus, something I have never bothered with, but I’m finding that this really helps to keep me focused.

I like to close the curtains and turn everything off and just be mindful, listening to my breathing and zoning out of the mad world beyond my front door!

I think we all need time out to heal but the demands of life can mean that you just don’t make time. Or maybe we don’t prioritise self healing and meditation, preferring to log onto social media with our free time. Yoga has so many benefits to your physical and mental health

I find it gets harder to take time out than ever before there are so many distractions and things that take up your time. I need to learn to look after myself and switch off from the outside world just for a few minutes each day. I think having a dog can be good because you have to walk them and at least you can get away from technology for a while and get some fresh air too.