Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-using your waste

Blog Entries

Re-using your waste

I hate throwing packaging away and more beautiful, the harder it is to discard. I was thrilled to get some little bags with my sample sizes from honeybee beautiful https://www.honeybeebeautiful.co.uk/...le-kits?page=2
    So I decided to cut my lavender and bring it into the house via these little bags, which now hang amongst my clothes in my Bedroom.
    packaging should always be reusable and then there would be less waste in the environment.

Name:  85F21B86-D77D-4A87-8EFE-6CF641C6A7A7.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  19.4 KB
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Name:  ED8CAA62-E79C-42C3-B4F5-266DCFE28EC9.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  20.8 KB

Not my idea, but a brilliant one all the same!

I’ve used green 2L pop bottles, cut the neck and bottom off, so they are a tube, then cut lengthways. I then put these over a try of seeds to protect the seedlings from direct sunlight.

Those little bags are handy for putting jewellery in and putting a ribbon on as a gift instead of wrapping paper

Name:  376BF58D-7638-4096-801D-7047FF733ADA.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  18.2 KB

Love this idea, a fun way to use old tyres. I’m not sure if it’s a garden bin (judging by the rake), or if it a general waste bin, but either way a cheerful way to brighten up a garden.

Name:  03B13430-D002-48A9-8C03-B89A48A34253.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  19.7 KB

An up-cycled Lotion bottle is great for storing your phone while it charges and a godsend in a child’s room, to prevent cables trailing on the floor! They’re not cheap to replace and add to the mountain of waste when disposed of.

There are some great ideas. I uses toilet rolls inner tubes to get my seeds growing.

Cut them in half, fill with some compost, pop the seed on and water, the roll hold the water surprisingly well. Then once the seed starts to grow I transfer it either into the ground or to a bigger container.

I use egg boxes for my seedlings, the carton holds a little moisture helping the soil not to dry out so fast.

I make wax melts and use recyclable card, I really don’t agree with excessive amounts of plastics. There are more shops opening with refillable containers instead of single use which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben17 View Post
    I make wax melts and use recyclable card, I really don’t agree with excessive amounts of plastic.
    Why is card not used more? I understand there is a place for some plastic, certainly for containers that hold fluid, but card could be used so much more.