Thread: Spiritually - a sense of purpose

Spiritually - a sense of purpose

I couldn’t help notice on the Wellness wheel that spirituality was part of being considered Well, and this included a sense of purpose.

I was asked by a friend once, what I thought their strengths and weaknesses were because they were trying to find their purpose in life! He worked, had a family, but clearly felt like he needed to have a sense of being!

I have to say, I don’t know whether it is something you can decide upon, or whether that is bestowed upon you, like a ‘calling’

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLee View Post
    I don’t know whether it is something you can decide upon, or whether that is bestowed upon you, like a ‘calling’
    I think your purpose is something that finds you, I’m not sure you chose it.

Some people are deeply spiritual and just know their purpose, I find as I get older that I wonder if there is any purpose to life at all!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Some people are deeply spiritual and just know their purpose, I find as I get older that I wonder if there is any purpose to life at all!
    Surely you have a passion for something, something that makes you fight, or something that gives you a sense of deep internal joy. It doesn’t have to be earth shattering, it could be gardening, giving back to the community.

I think a purpose is about something you do that others gain benefit for, and those others could simply be wildlife, or something as big as what Greta is doing. Also a sense of purpose, is not necessarily an easy ride.

Does a sense of purpose have to be of benefit to others? Why not to ourselves? Why does it not seem okay to decide upon that purpose?