Thread: Do you believe in fines for Covid rule breakers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Do you believe in fines for Covid rule breakers?

Covid restrictions in England will get tougher if rules are not followed, Matt Hancock has warned, as the government introduces £10,000 fines for people who fail to self-isolate.

When I first read this I thought it was absolutely the right thing to do however..........

What would you do if your job was at risk if you DID self isolate?

If I was the sole earner in my house and I had to feed my kids but I was at risk of losing my job by self isolating I would break the rules!

Absolutely not, In fact I think it’s disgusting, as we were witnessing the fall out of this Pandemic in China, and the horrific problems Italy was having we (the UK) were still allowing people to freely travel into the country without any checks, this went on for many, many weeks, it really only stopped when other countries stopped flights! Where is the accountability from our government? Why are they not being held responsible for the risks they put us at?

So, no, I don’t think it is okay for people to be fined. This is something we have to learn to live with, get and build an I’m unity too!

Also, the government has said £1000 for the first offence, up to £10,000 for subsequent offences, but also a one off payment of £500 for low income families. So for you, this may be of some benefit, not the fine obviously!

I think there are so many grey areas as to why people don’t obey self isolation rules, it seems wrong!

I think the fines should be for those that organise massive raves and parties and for businesses that deliberately break the rules on a large scale but definitely not for individuals it’s a disgrace!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoella View Post
    I think the fines should be for those that organise massive raves and parties and for businesses that deliberately break the rules on a large scale but definitely not for individuals it’s a disgrace!
    I agree with you, the fines do not seem to fit the crime, as so to speak. We need to remind ourselves that this is a virus, it isn’t the most deadly of viruses.

I think that this is only the start, there will be much more control coming in the future!