Thread: Boosting your immunity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boosting your immunity

We are fast approaching the winter months and I usually take Echinacea and Elderberry to prepare me for the usual onslaught of winter coughs, colds and flu season. But with the new virus floating around, I think it may be a good idea to step up my preparations and boost my immune system more.

Are there are recommendations, tried and tested methods for boosting ones immune system above my usual concoctions?

It seems to be a well established Understanding that our immunity comes from our microbiome, so my suggestion would be to start here and boost your bacteria with a good amount of fruits and vegetables.

I would agree with Harry, all the literature suggests that our immune system comes from the bacteria either in us, or around us, so boosting this, and allowing yourself to be exposed to some bacteria seems the way to go.

There are suggestion that eating fermented foods can help to boost this bacteria, and therefore our immunity, so try adding this in to your foods.