Thread: To supplement or not to supplement?

To supplement or not to supplement?

Our food, even organic is not of the same quality as it once was, lacking many essential nutrients, so is it best to supplement vitamins nd minerals to ensure you are getting all you need?

Many argue not, due to the toxicity of vitamins and minerals, some stating that they can be worse than not having any supplements. What are your thoughts?

Definitely supplement, whilst everyone around me has gone down with one illness after another, I have stayed healthy throughout autumn and winter and can only ascribe this to my daily use of vitamins. I believe any benefits I do get far outweigh the risks to my health.

I think supplementation is important in this day and he, however I don’t think that all supplements are made equally and you do get what you pay for, in terms of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    I think supplementation is important in this day and he, however I don’t think that all supplements are made equally and you do get what you pay for, in terms of quality.
    I sort of agree with you Amie, but I think there is a limit to the value v’s benefit, some vitamins are just fashionable expensive to make you think you are getting something much better.

I think supplements are fine, but be cautious of what you choose, go for a brand that you can afford to take on a regular basis, but be discerning with the ingredients, ideally you don’t want too many fillers etc. Solgar is a good brand and I would say it’s middle of the road in terms of pricing. I think a supermarket own brand may not be the best of choices.

I use terra nova and I find them very good supplements, but they do tend to be more on the high end in terms of pricing. Personally, I can’t say I feel like the perfect human with 100% health, I guess I really notice the benefit of them when everyone around me is poorly with seasonal stuff and I’m fine with no symptoms.