Thread: Staying well in this new world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Staying well in this new world

I’ll be honest, I’m struggling!

The world seems stressful, the media is all doom and gloom, and everyone seems in a constant state of anxiety
    I look in the mirror and think to myself, today is the day I make a difference, I’m changing my life around, and becoming the healthiest version of me, then by breakfast I have already ruined my well made plans!

The world just seems so hard mentally right now, and I know I’m not the only one feeling this, but I don’t know how to put myself in a bubble away from it all and turn myself into a human health machine

Has anyone achieved this, some advice and guidance much appreciated

First thing to do is don’t watch the news or read the papers, this is just mentally exhausting and really serves no benefit.

Be kind to yourself, so many of us are our own harshest critics and I was told that if you are always in a place of gratitude you cannot feel anxious

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Be kind to yourself, so many of us are our own harshest critics and I was told that if you are always in a place of gratitude you cannot feel anxious
    That’s a nice thought. I think it is too easy to look at all the negative stuff and let’s be honest, there is enough of that and it comes to us way too easily. It is an effort to seek out the good stuff. But to actively seek out something to be grateful for on a daily or weekly basis, then I think that is wonderful and good for the heart!

I do feel your pain, I get up with the best intentions and run into people with the worst intentions who seem to take pleasure out of sucking the happiness out of everyone. If only people were fitted with an ‘Off’ switch

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I do feel your pain, I get up with the best intentions and run into people with the worst intentions who seem to take pleasure out of sucking the happiness out of everyone. If only people were fitted with an ‘Off’ switch
    I think an ‘off switch’ should be in built in the next version of humans!

I think mental health seems to be the biggest concern, in many ways more than the virus itself. I would suggest that staying well could involve taking up a hobby that you can do at home, reading, cooking, or something more crafty. This will help the time pass, give you a focus and help you with your mental health. Or even learn a language.

It’s funny reading back on this post…. In 2024! Oh how we long for 2016 life just got ramped up a bit nd now we live in yet another new world, in fact the change in the world pre and post Covid is so stark it should have resulted in a Calender reset!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom32 View Post
    It’s funny reading back on this post…. In 2024! Oh how we long for 2016 life just got ramped up a bit nd now we live in yet another new world, in fact the change in the world pre and post Covid is so stark it should have resulted in a Calender reset!
    Absolutely! What we wouldn’t give to turn back time eh!

I think this post makes you realise how important to appreciate what you have at any given moment, as the next corner in life is unwritten!