Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux

Acid reflux

I've been plagued with acid reflux and tried all of the over the counter drugs and doctors drugs, yet still I keep having re-occurrences. Can anyone suggest some alternative healthier options?

Blog Entries
    Hi, I feel for you, I suffered for years. I tried all the concoctions from the doctor, with small benefits. In the end I got so fed up of it, I changed my diet completely. Clean eating, changed my life. Then I slowly introduced processed foods and found that certain food triggered me off. I have cut out the culprits and try to eat clean when life allows me.

I did find hot water and fresh lemon helped, although lemon is an acidic fruit, when consumed it acts as an alkaline.

An old fashioned remedy, which is still relevant today is 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water.

It helps neutralise the acid.

Quote Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
    An old fashioned remedy, which is still relevant today is 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water.

It helps neutralise the acid.
    Works every time for me.... When needed, but that is very rare, because when you follow a healthy diet, you will find that you won't be troubled with this problem.
    Last edited by Rockred; 28th October 2016 at 21:20.

Blog Entries
    A ripe banana is excellent for settling the stomach, it is a natural antacid. Make sure it is ripe though, it should start to show brown speckles on the skin.

Aloe Vera juice is my go to medicine. It will help to settle your stomach in no time and reduce those acid symptoms. Try and choose the inner leaf only and organic (of course), the ones with the outer leaf can be a little harsh, and may promote loose bowel movements.

Is acid a symptom that something isn't quite right?

Either the food you are eating doesn't suit you or your digestion isn't working well.

Blog Entries
    I have just added an quick article about ginger. One of the many health benefits of ginger is that it is a natural antacid, with reports suggesting it is up to 6 times stronger than over the counter drugs. All the benefits without the side effects

Surely adding probiotics into your diet will help to get on top of the problems causing the acid?

Ginger, as Louise said it a natural antacid, a couple of slithers of fresh ginger in hot water and you'll feel better in no time.