Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux

High or low stomach acid is normally always related to a poor diet, or has its origins in a poor diet. Change your diet and you will find relief in your symptoms.

Personally, I think that change of diet is different for everyone. For some, it will be an overhaul of their diet, and for others it may require elimating one or two foods.

The pain can be quite debilitating and can lead to lack of sleep which may result in feelings of depression or poor concentration etc

It seems to be a rising problem that modern society is suffering from.

It might sound strange, but have you tried adding a digestive enzyme into your supplements? I recommend taking one with every meal and then one just before you go to bed. You may find this reduces the symptoms you are experiencing.

If you constantly suffer from acid reflux it may be worth considering that you may have a hernia. Sometimes hernias can give you the same symptoms as acid reflux.

It is worth a consideration

Quote Originally Posted by CristineMichaud View Post
    If you constantly suffer from acid reflux it may be worth considering that you may have a hernia. Sometimes hernias can give you the same symptoms as acid reflux.

It is worth a consideration
    This is a good point, a sliding hernia can cause loads of problems, get it checked out at your doctors.
    In my experience, it is the food that causes acid reflux, so it requires a change in diet, it really is that simple, yet most people choose not to change their diet, preferring an easier option like taking a pill.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) as a great way to sort out acid indigestion. It is very effective if taken 2-3 times a day in warm water. But, with all these remedies, it is wise to cut out the offending food stuffs in your diet at the same time as taking the remedies, otherwise you will never win the battle.

A herb called Filipendula ulmaria is very good at calming the stomach and reducing acid, you can get advice and a mixture made up in your local herbalists.

Slippery elm is very good, and help to line your insides, giving instant relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    A herb called Filipendula ulmaria is very good at calming the stomach and reducing acid, you can get advice and a mixture made up in your local herbalists.
    I’ve never heard of it, what is it?

I have discovered Andrews Salts they work brilliantly and so much cheaper than Gaviscon

I find a simple glass of milk after a meal works for me. Don’t eat too close to bedtime either