Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Acid reflux

Quote Originally Posted by Chanel5 View Post
    I find a simple glass of milk after a meal works for me. Don’t eat too close to bedtime either
    The problem with milk is that it can cause acid reflux in many people, a lot of people can’t digest dairy and so they have a response of acid indigestion, or reflux, but don’t relate it to dairy.

I find eating late at night gives me terrible acid, also white wine so now I avoid those and the acid is under control.

Slippery elm in powder form is really helpful at getting on top of acid indigestion and the discomfort it brings. You must put a spoonful in a glass, add juice or water, stir really quickly and stir well , then knock it back.

It’s great stuff but it congeals quickly and can become slimy.

1 spoonful of apple cider vinegar in one glass of water three times a day can help to stabilise the gut flora and reduce acid reflux.

Obviously stay away from trigger foods. One thing I have done in the past, which does help is belly breathing, as in when you take a breath in allow your tummy to expand and not your chest, do this several times, it seems to work for me, taking the edge of the acid pain.