Thread: Jamie Oliver Talks Health

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Jamie Oliver Talks Health

Jamie Oliver is on a mission to change the way we think about food. Here is is famous presentation on TED Talks.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Wow! I find this quick shocking. I don't think I ever really considered how much sugar went in things...and flavoured milk!!
    What annoys me, is why are the manufacturers producing it

I think he was doing a good job to highlight the poor standard of food in schools, but it seemed to be a project for him, that he has since left.

He should continue to raise the profile of food, he has the perfect platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I think he was doing a good job to highlight the poor standard of food in schools, but it seemed to be a project for him, that he has since left.

He should continue to raise the profile of food, he has the perfect platform.
    I think he used the school campaign to raise awareness for himself as he dropped it off as soon as he had elevated his declining career and businesses where he sold food that was loaded with high levels of sugar and salt!!! I don’t think he cares less about school food

This man is the biggest hypocrite on the planet. His restaurants were inspected and his food was found to be laden with salt and sugar and as for healthy food in schools. We have children in schools going without anything to eat at all because the bland vegetables served for school dinners are so tasteless and disgusting they are left on plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary03 View Post
    This man is the biggest hypocrite on the planet. His restaurants were inspected and his food was found to be laden with salt and sugar and as for healthy food in schools. We have children in schools going without anything to eat at all because the bland vegetables served for school dinners are so tasteless and disgusting they are left on plates.
    Really, I thought foods were supposed to be improving, what is the point of making food so bland that kids won’t eat it? All that will do is turn them away from future attempts to get them to eat veg!

It did seem to be a bit of a publicity stunt and money maker for him!

Jamie Oliver has made millions out of his supposed support for teaching children about food but does he actually care a toss?!!

Jamie is still campaigning for better food. He has been a massive help voicing concerns on UK food standards being lowered with Brexit and future trade deals. Plus he's been championing reducing food wastage with his food programmes during lockdown, giving all the alternative ingredients and how to use up spare food. I don't think he's stopped campaigning for better children's food.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk