Thread: The money tree

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The money tree

I do worry about the amount of money the Chancellor is offering out to the Uk, people keep demanding more and more to keep their business afloat, but I don’t think tax payers money should be used to keep private companies going. Either the company is viable or it isn’t.

I think companies should prove that they are using their own profits to stay afloat before they receive handouts from the tax payer! The implications of paying this all back will be huge and detrimental to us all for years to come.

Blog Entries
    I understand what you are saying Holley, but if all these people were to lose their jobs, they would be claiming from the state anyway. Also the psychological impact of not working may have long term consequences to their health.

I think trying to keep businesses ticking along, albeit at the expense of the tax payer, may be a cost effective approach in the longer term.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I agree with you Louise, whether you prop up businesses or hand money out to people on benefits it’s still going to come from the government so in these unusual times it is a necessity to support businesses

I think keeping people in work is good for moral, being without a job loses our sense of purpose. We all love time off from our jobs, but that’s because we have a job. When you don’t have a job, and no reason to get up, or routine it can really have a psychological damaging effect on you.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish we were not in this situation and I don’t believe lock down is the answer, or the way to deal with it, but it is, what it is and it is unfair that people are losing their jobs and businesses are going to the wall when it is not their fault.

This country is throwing billions away for a train line, it needs to focus on supporting its people!

I think we need to cut down the billions that we give to the MOD and start realising that we are at war with a virus which I’m pretty sure is man made. The cost to the country to maintain military equipment, vehicles and personnel is extortionate and better invested in our NHS

There has been more emphasis on balancing the books and paying for all this spending, I really am dreading the clean-up of all of this, I think there will be many that will suffer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylis View Post
    There has been more emphasis on balancing the books and paying for all this spending, I really am dreading the clean-up of all of this, I think there will be many that will suffer!
    I agree with you it’s going to be a depressing time for many years ahead.

The latest handout expected from the government is free school meals whilst children are not at school. People are all jumping on the bandwagon saying that the government has withdrawn funding and children are starving. Funding was NEVER given to children on school holidays and I can say that from my experience if you give these families vouchers they don’t get spent on food so the children are still hungry! The money tree is running out and it’s the tax payers that will have to top it up again. Scary times ahead for many years I think!

There has been suggestions of an additional 4% rise in tax to pay for all of this cash injection/wastage! I think it is wrong that earners should pay, why doesn’t it go on what we buy?