Thread: People getting fatter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

People getting fatter

How I came to writing this post is, I admit, somewhat dubious, after all, I was sitting outside watching the world go by whilst eating cake but to my defence it was good cake and there was a pistachio on the top and it had been made with rose, so in my book, this counts for one of my five a day and it was clearly plant based

Anyway, while I was sitting there enjoying my favourite sport of people watching I couldn’t help but notice how many fat people there were I mean obese. I know this makes me sound judgemental, especially as I was shoving my cake in my mouth. But, my point is not so much about their weight, but more about how much our foods have changed and how much hidden sugars are in foods that is causing this weight increase.

The other thing I noticed was how many people were walking around with paper cups, and I know that flavoured coffees are very popular choices. The flavours that are added to coffee is syrup - sugar!
    It seems that from the minute we wake up our bodies are constantly bombarded with food, or sugary drinks in some form or another, the insulin swimming around in our systems is crazy and will only lead to an epidemic of diabetes and all the problems that is associated with that!

I can not foresee this situation getting better, but rather we will come to accept a larger nation and end up looking like Texans.
    Last edited by Dani; 26th September 2020 at 14:10.