Thread: People getting fatter

People getting fatter

How I came to writing this post is, I admit, somewhat dubious, after all, I was sitting outside watching the world go by whilst eating cake but to my defence it was good cake and there was a pistachio on the top and it had been made with rose, so in my book, this counts for one of my five a day and it was clearly plant based

Anyway, while I was sitting there enjoying my favourite sport of people watching I couldn’t help but notice how many fat people there were I mean obese. I know this makes me sound judgemental, especially as I was shoving my cake in my mouth. But, my point is not so much about their weight, but more about how much our foods have changed and how much hidden sugars are in foods that is causing this weight increase.

The other thing I noticed was how many people were walking around with paper cups, and I know that flavoured coffees are very popular choices. The flavours that are added to coffee is syrup - sugar!
    It seems that from the minute we wake up our bodies are constantly bombarded with food, or sugary drinks in some form or another, the insulin swimming around in our systems is crazy and will only lead to an epidemic of diabetes and all the problems that is associated with that!

I can not foresee this situation getting better, but rather we will come to accept a larger nation and end up looking like Texans.
    Last edited by Dani; 26th September 2020 at 14:10.

There are so many different types of fast foods to try and drinks laden with sugar, we are bombarded with adverts showing these delicious things to try so is it any wonder we are all getting fatter! I have just munched my way through a whole box of chocolate fingers without even realising it as I was engrossed in watching YouTube vlogs whilst lying on the sofa!!!!

I don’t know about people getting fatter but I knowI am!

Quote Originally Posted by Rach89 View Post
    I don’t know about people getting fatter but I knowI am!
    this did make me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    How I came to writing this post is, I admit, somewhat dubious, after all, I was sitting outside watching the world go by whilst eating cake but to my defence it was good cake and there was a pistachio on the top and it had been made with rose, so in my book, this counts for one of my five a day and it was clearly plant based

Anyway, while I was sitting there enjoying my favourite sport of people watching I couldn’t help but notice how many fat people there were I mean obese. I know this makes me sound judgemental, especially as I was shoving my cake in my mouth. But, my point is not so much about their weight, but more about how much our foods have changed and how much hidden sugars are in foods that is causing this weight increase.

The other thing I noticed was how many people were walking around with paper cups, and I know that flavoured coffees are very popular choices. The flavours that are added to coffee is syrup - sugar!
    It seems that from the minute we wake up our bodies are constantly bombarded with food, or sugary drinks in some form or another, the insulin swimming around in our systems is crazy and will only lead to an epidemic of diabetes and all the problems that is associated with that!

I can not foresee this situation getting better, but rather we will come to accept a larger nation and end up looking like Texans.
    But is it that the foods we are eating are the problem, or that people just eat too much? We are definitely getting fatter and this current climate is not helping in terms of social anxiety and stress makes people seek out comfort food to make them feel better.

I agree with you John B, people are comfort eating and also working from home they are a few steps away from the fridge so eating throughout the day with no exercise either so the weight is piling on!

I think people are getting fatter, but is directly related to the calories consumed, or the types of food eaten? I personally think that the increased weight we are seeing has multiple underlying causes, obviously increased food intake, but also, the mental health of people as a whole.

People just seem so fed up, life for so many seems to be a slog, with little benefit or way out! So many people I speak to feel that their life is a treadmill, get up, go to work, come home, do the house work, cook, clean, shop, prepare for work, with little to no ‘down time’ or sense that you are living a life.

In fact it seems that lives are only lived during holidays, or other people’s observed lives, such as fly-on-the-wall documentaries. As a result the need to turn inward, seek solace in simple, cheap things that keep us happy seems to be an ever demanding and occurring way of life!

I think we are all getting fatter at the moment with lockdown meaning more people are working from home. I am definitely getting rounder!

The lock down will definitely be having an impact on people and their health, I think those working from home or self isolating will be grazing on bad food and moving far less. In the summer people got out and about walking, cycling etc, but as we approach winter people will be staying indoors, moving less and of course the rich foods of winter will be adding extra pounds!