Thread: Meditation for health

Meditation for health

People seem to relate yoga and meditation for exercise or in the case of meditation for relaxation or spirituality, but are you aware it has many physiological benefits too?

Previous research offers substantial evidence that one form of spiritual meditation, transcendental meditation (TM), can reduce heart rate, lower blood pressure, and improve mental health.

Personally, I would not limit these benefits to TM, I think all meditation offers these benefits, it all depends of the person practising the meditation and how deeply relaxed they become.

Such benefits can easily be obtained by people just starting out on this journey.

I think all forms of deep meditation can bring these benefits, but also 10 minutes daily meditation can be a world of good in the world we live in.

I was really into meditation a few years ago, but then got out of the habit, life got in the way and now when I try to revisit it, I find it difficult to quieten my mind.
    That said, when was practised regularly, I noticed I could get into a deep meditative state quickly and really felt the health benefits from it.

I also felt more in tune with the beat of nature and the energy forces around me. I’ve lost that now but I’m working on getting it back

Blog Entries
    I would love to go to a retreat for a week, a place where my mind can be released from the everyday rumblings and a place where they can support my spiritual journey through meditation, sound baths and reiki.

meditation is a very beautiful place to get into.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Blog Entries
    Last night I had an amazing break through, I’ve been struggling to quieten my mind during meditation and felt I was getting no where, but decided to keep ‘showing up’ giving myself 10-30 minutes and see how things go… well last night, I had a huge energy rising, expansion and felt like my energy was rising up and trying to escape my body, with almost a feeling of being light headed with tingling sensations in the head.

The sensations can be unnerving and it would be all to easy to come of of the meditation out of fear, but I persevere and allow things to happen naturally. I asked the universe for some guidance and advice and then soon after I felt the energy lower back down.

It can feel quite euphoric
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life