Thread: Government control

Government control

Has the Welsh government gone too far with closing off sections of the supermarkets to stop consumers from buying non-essential items while in the shop?

Meanwhile Alcohol is considered essential, a kettle isn’t!

In my opinion the governments seem to have gone way over the top with their control of us humans. We must remind ourselves that we are allegedly free people, these controls seem to be worrying signs of what the governments considers to be their right to control us.

I am shocked at how the Welsh government have turned their country into a police state where they control everyone and everything they do!

I really don’t understand how buying non essential items has any impact on controlling Covid or protecting people from getting it? I can see that a non essential trip could be putting you at a very slight risk but supermarkets are covering up the sock aisle, what the hell is that all about?! If you are already there buying food why can’t you put a pair of socks in the trolley?

I think the most shocking was a woman tried to buy tampons and was told they were not an essential item, how disgusting is that!

I sort of get it, the idea was to be fair to the small businesses that have to close citing that what they sell is non-essential yet the supermarket sells the same goods and that is considered essential!

The whole this is stupid and seems crazy! But as always, the small business gets hit the huge supermarkets continue to make ££££’s

I think the governments are out of control at the moment imposing restrictions on everyone and everything!

Governments around the world seem to wanting to roll out a ‘health passport’ preventing the free movement of people unless they meet a criteria for health, vaccination etc. This sound like a joke, but it is coming and China have been doing it for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Geri View Post
    Governments around the world seem to wanting to roll out a ‘health passport’ preventing the free movement of people unless they meet a criteria for health, vaccination etc. This sound like a joke, but it is coming and China have been doing it for years!
    Why does it seem like a joke! Surely it is better to know that people that are travelling around the globe meet a health standard, that way we could eliminate the scenario we are currently in, surely! I’m all for it.

I thought you pay travel insurance to cover you if you are taken ill whilst on holiday. What will be the criteria of this ‘health passport’? If you have had a long term illness or suffer with depression will you not be given a passport? I think it’s a crap idea