Thread: Can living with a secret be bad for your health?

Can living with a secret be bad for your health?

Today’s topic of conversation on Loose Women is, ‘Can living with a secret be bad for your health?’

This made me stop and think of a time when I knew my best friends husband was being gossiped about as he was supposed to have had several affairs! It didn’t make me feel ill but it certainly made me feel uncomfortable with the dilemma of do I say anything to my friend? I decided to ignore it and if it was true my friend would find out eventually and to date I have no idea if she ever did find out.

Apparently the average person has 13 secrets, that seems to be a hell of a lot! I got myself into terrible debt and was going to lose my house and I kept it secret for a long time because I was so embarrassed and it made me really ill. Once it was out in the open I felt so much better so yes I do believe secrets can be bad for your health

Yes, absolutely they can, all that stress and pent up emotion. I can only lead to bad health.

Everyone has their secrets but some a bigger than others and more difficult to cope with I guess

I am living with this dilemma at the moment. My son has just told me his friend is pregnant and she hasn’t told her parents. I know the girls parents and the father of the baby’s parents. The father of the baby doesn’t know she is pregnant and he is heading to Chicago to join a team of Olympic long jumpers so if he knew it could change his life completely. The parents are very much into social status and the poor girl said she is too scared to tell them. I now don’t want them to find out that I knew but I didn’t tell them!! What a dilemma

It depends who’s secret it is and what the secret would do to someone if it came out!