Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a vaccine going to make a difference?

Is a vaccine going to make a difference?

Levels of protective antibodies in people wane "quite rapidly" after coronavirus infection, say researchers.

Antibodies are a key part of our immune defences and stop the virus from getting inside the body's cells.

The Imperial College London team found the number of people testing positive for antibodies has fallen by 26% between June and September.
    They say immunity appears to be fading and there is a risk of catching the virus multiple times.

So if this is true surely a vaccine that is supposed to give you an immunity by building up antibodies is going to be pointless? Or am I missing something?

I read this and wondered what the difference is between building up anti-bodies from catching the virus or from being vaccinated? Surely if catching the virus means the antibodies don’t stick around for long then surely tht would be the same from the vaccine, so what would be the benefit of the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    I read this and wondered what the difference is between building up anti-bodies from catching the virus or from being vaccinated? Surely if catching the virus means the antibodies don’t stick around for long then surely tht would be the same from the vaccine, so what would be the benefit of the vaccine?
    My thoughts too, which then leads us to the question how the hell are we ever going to get back to normal again?

Blog Entries
    I’ve pondered this so many times. Why is a vaccine better at providing long term immunity than our own bodies? I personally would prefer to put my faith in nature and the incredible complexity of my body.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I certainly don’t think it’s worth having the vaccine and I definitely won’t be having it.

Would you even have the vaccine? I think there are not enough studies being done and no long term effects that can be monitored. I would not take the risk of having the vaccine even if it is the wonder drug they are saying it is.

I have yet to find anyone who is willing to have the vaccine so not sure how it is going to benefit everyone when most of the population don’t want it.

I don’t honestly think it will, there is a huge amount of people that have been exposed and infected by Covid, these people will have built up their immunity, I think the vaccine will only offer benefit a very small proportion of society. But that has to be weighed up against the risks of that vaccine.

I personally will not be having the vaccine, I would rather wear a mask for the rest of my life than have that questionable vaccine.

I've wondered about that too. The vaccine is in two doses, so I'm guessing that improves the long-term effect of the vaccine. I will be having the vaccine. The reason is, the probability of long-term adverse effects from a vaccine are going to be virtually zero. Vaccines are made every year for flu and other diseases too. They know how to make vaccines. What is unknown and starting to become apparent are the long-term effects of catching Covid... THAT I don't want to risk, for me or for my family. Now the vaccines aren't going to be 100% effective for everyone from the start, and maybe the effect reduces over time, but it would be very likely that if you were to catch Covid after being vaccinated that it would not be severe. I think it's brilliant that we have vaccines available.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The latest news suggests that the most vulnerable may require a jab every 9 months. I think the availability of the jab is great and certainly for those at a high risk, but it would be nice to see longer trials to really ensure the vaccine is safe.

It comes to something when the US which are known for their vaccination policy are delaying rolling out the vaccine compared to the UK.