Thread: Fascia

Fascia

The Bowen therapy focuses on the release of fascia, and I recently read an except from Dr Dan Keown author of ‘spark in the machine’ this except talks about the importance of fascia in our body and how it is a network of communication for piezoelectricity (our inbuilt electrical activity.

Therefore, it would suggest when there is an issue within this fascia it makes sense that the electrical flow is not able to flow sufficiently causing stagnation and disease. This coincides beautifully with the theory of Chinese acupuncture that uses the space between the fascia (channels).

So, keeping your fascia supple and ‘free’ means that the electricity, Chi, Qi, energy, life force, spirit is also able to move freely.

This is a great video that explains how a problem with your fascia can effect your functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansy View Post

This is a great video that explains how a problem with your fascia can effect your functioning.
    That is actually a spiders web! Interesting video, but surely the movements of the chap were over emphasised

My initial perspective on this would be, ‘what a load of crap’ but have recently suffered from a debilitating pain in my back and hip and being forcibly-encouraged to try Bowen therapy, I have to say my initial view has changed.

Since my therapy sessions, almost immediately I felt looser and free, my pains have been reduced to around 20% of what they were, certainly to a level where I can get away with not taking pain meds. It’s a miracle in my opinion, but I feel sad that so many people are stuck on a cycle of pain meds with seemingly no benefit.

This is fascinating, I wonder if this explains why people curve over time, is their fascia being tightened? would regular treatment with bowen therapy keep you more upright and supple?

I am returning to this thread after being slightly humbled. After being given a Gua Sha for my birthday which when used with pressure can work on the fascia I realise there is much more to this fascia than I first understood or believed. I have to admit I use my Gua Sha as a beauty tool for my face, but there are lots of videos out there showing its use in reducing cellulite. It is said that it is the fascia that is causing the visual of cellulite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansy View Post
    The Bowen therapy focuses on the release of fascia, and I recently read an except from Dr Dan Keown author of ‘spark in the machine’ this except talks about the importance of fascia in our body and how it is a network of communication for piezoelectricity (our inbuilt electrical activity.

Therefore, it would suggest when there is an issue within this fascia it makes sense that the electrical flow is not able to flow sufficiently causing stagnation and disease. This coincides beautifully with the theory of Chinese acupuncture that uses the space between the fascia (channels).

So, keeping your fascia supple and ‘free’ means that the electricity, Chi, Qi, energy, life force, spirit is also able to move freely.
    Interesting read, I’m curious as to know if our fascia can grow, or are we born with all that we will have.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life