I’ve always been health conscious, or rather conscious of my health and I try to be careful about the foods I consume and then get frustrated when I get illnesses etc, as I feel my lifestyle should rule me out of such events.

More recent health events have been no exception to this. I have suffered debilitating pain which has resulted in my inability to be fully functional. This was causing me great frustration and elicited doubt about my belief systems.

Moving forward and while I going treatment I got chatting to a medical professional who was telling me about a person with severe arthritic pain, requiring the drug Methotrexate, a very strong and powerful drug with numerous side effects. This person noted that certain foods related to flare-ups of pain and so did an experiment of changing their diet and eliminating foods that promoted inflammation, and subsequently pain. After a short while, they are now pain free and off Methotrexate!

How amazing is that! It just shows you that there is another way to health and that many of our choices in life contribute to our overall health and well-being. It is just that most people are not willing to go the extra mile and make the changes needed.