Thread: Vitamin D

Vitamin D

There is so much in the media about the virtues of adding Vitamin D into your diet, certainly with all the Covid virus about. But is there any value to it? Wouldn’t a 20 minutes daily walk suffice?

The cost of taking these supplements can build up, as we are always told don’t buy the cheap stuff full of fillers etc. Other than Covid what other benefits are there to taking Vitamin D, and do any of you take it and notice a difference?

I took Vitamin D for a while, but I stopped because I could feel any benefit and as a result I couldn’t justify the cost of continuing to take it. It is said to have multiple health benefits, from bone health, anti-cancer, reduced heart disease risk, reduced diabetes etc

But for me, I like to feel the benefit, but I didn’t, not even a placebo effect.

Isn’t vitamin D the sunshine vitamin? Sure.y people who live in warmer climates would have this in copious amounts through natural sunlight so why are they not immune to Covid?

I used to take 2,000iu daily with my main meal. I can’t honestly say I noticed a difference in my health.

But then, what difference are you supposed to feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
    Isn’t vitamin D the sunshine vitamin? Sure.y people who live in warmer climates would have this in copious amounts through natural sunlight so why are they not immune to Covid?
    That’s a really good point, and they reckon Covid is killed almost instantly on exposure to sunlight, so surely it would be eradicated mid air.

I have to admit, I’m not a great one for maintaining my supplement use, but this year I have bought myself a 2 month supply of vitamin D, vitamin C and Zinc this will hopefully get me over the darker months and boost my immune system.

My immune system has definitely been hit a few times this autumn/winter with immune responses kicking in, so this gives me hope that all that I have been doing is working, although I don’t think there is any replacement for natural Vitamin D in the form of sunlight.