Thread: I hate mushrooms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I hate mushrooms

As the title says, I hate mushrooms, but I really appreciate their health benefits and would love to benefit from them in some way. Any recommendations?

They are slimy little things aren’t they? What is it that you don’t like, the look, taste, smell or a combination? Maybe we can help a bit more then!

Try adding them into smoothies with something that has a strong flavour to override the mushroom taste. Or cut them up into tiny pieces and add into other dishes like a cottage pie.

You can buy powdered mushrooms and then these can easily be mixed into drinks, smoothies, sauces, gravy etc

I think if you cut them up very small and season them well adding butter they can taste so much nicer. There’s nothing worse than an unseasoned boiled mushroom!

Quote Originally Posted by Khan View Post
    As the title says, I hate mushrooms, but I really appreciate their health benefits and would love to benefit from them in some way. Any recommendations?
    Don’t go for the strong tasting ones like shiitake and add lots of seasoning to button mushroom cut them up small.

One of my favourite dishes is a large punnet of sliced raw mushrooms, mixed up in a dressing made of 2tbsp red wine vinegar, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice. Serve up with fresh snipped chives and parsley on top, chopped walnuts and some parmesan cheese shavings. Easy and yummy! Keep trying them, it's worth it in the end! :-)

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk