Thread: Normal bread V’s sourdough

Normal bread V’s sourdough

I can’t tolerate normal bread of any sort, it makes me feel bloated, sluggish and heavy as well as giving me indigestion and generally bad guts. But I’ve noticed if I east sourdough I don’t seem to have these problems.

Has anyone noticed this or can explain why?

I don’t know if there is a difference but there certainly seems to be a lot of sourdough around now. I will give it a try as I suffer terrible bloating from white bread. I hope it does make a difference as it will be a game changer for me

Sourdough is more digestible than standard loaves and more nutritious too. Lactic acids make the vitamins and minerals in the flour more available to the body by helping neutralise the phytates in flour that would interfere with their absorption. The acids slow down the rate at which glucose is released into the blood-stream and lower the bread's glycaemic index (GI), so it doesn't cause undesirable spikes in insulin.

I used to hate sourdough but having tried a sourdough (without realising) I realised I liked it, through trying various sourdoughs post my discovery I now realise there is a huge difference between sourdough bread bought from a supermarket and one from an artisans.

My recommendation to anyone is buy artisan Sourdough and you’ll never go back to supermarket bread! They are worlds apart.

Blog Entries
    I love bread, it absolutely does not love me. I get acid indigestion and irritable bowel symptoms and generally it just makes me feel bad. I tried sourdough several years back and hated it, but after giving it a try again several years later I realise not all sour doughs are equal. You pay a lot for a good quality sour dough, and M&S crafted is a fantastic version, either that or I go to specialty crafted/artisan bread shops. Mass produced is not worth trying.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/c...news/sourdough
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life