Thread: Air pollution is a killer!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air pollution is a killer!

A fresh inquest into the death of an asthmatic nine-year-old girl starts on Monday, after a medical report suggested a direct link between her illness and poor air quality near her home, not far from a busy road. Ella Adoo-Kissi-Debrah could now become the first person in the UK - and possibly in the world - to have "air pollution" listed as a cause of death.

This is so sad and probably the start of many deaths recorded as air pollution

It is terribly sad, and yes air pollution is massively bad for us, trees, other plants and animals. I really hate seeing people joggoing or cycling next to busy roads, really quite upsetting. There is also indoor pollution, the VOCs evaporating into the air from your plastic-based carpets and laminate flooring, glues from wallpaper and MDF. If anyone has watched the TV series The Good Place, it feels like that, you just can't win whatever choices you make.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by orchard_girl View Post
    It is terribly sad, and yes air pollution is massively bad for us, trees, other plants and animals. I really hate seeing people joggoing or cycling next to busy roads, really quite upsetting. There is also indoor pollution, the VOCs evaporating into the air from your plastic-based carpets and laminate flooring, glues from wallpaper and MDF. If anyone has watched the TV series The Good Place, it feels like that, you just can't win whatever choices you make.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    I’ve never seen the programme’The good place’, but I agree with you, I always feel uneasy seeing runners and cyclists gaining their exercise along the main roads, think how hard they are breathing

Wow! That’s crazy how they can be so specific. I think it is a great step forward and really highlights the effects of pollution on health, but the cynic in me has a sense of unease about the acceptance of being able to right this as a cause. Why now? Is this just something to use to be able to increase taxes etc

That said, something needs to happen, the amount of pollution from our lifestyles will only worsen with an ever growing population, something needs to happen!

I always shake my head in disbelief at the people jogging along the main road thinking they are doing something positive for their health when they are breathing in toxic fumes and damaging knee joints at the same time! I am not surprised at all that this poor girl died of air pollution, let’s face it none of us really knows what is pumped into the air we breathe!

Blog Entries
    I have read recently that Beijing stopped fireworks being let off for the Chinese New Year to improve air quality prior to the Olympic Games. According to the media, this plan has made a significant impact on the air quality around this time.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life