Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonic Irrigation

Colonic Irrigation

I know, a bit weird. But I've suffered with a sluggish bowel (tmi) for years. I took up yoga to help me with this amount other things.

I was watching a detox retreat series on the TV where they gave themselves coffee enemas. I've searched around a bit and found there are therapists that do colonic irrigation.

Has anyone any experience in this type of therapy? What are the benefits of it?

Hello Yogi001,

I'll be honest, its not for me, I don't like the thought of it.

But I do know that it is used for people with a sluggish digestion, irritable bowel syndrome and constipation. I don't know anyone who has had it, but I doubt it is something you tell the family over dinner

I nearly missed this thread,

I've had colonic irrigation for chronic constipation. I had terrible tummy ache and felt crap, (excuse the pun), I went to my GP and got the usual Senna etc, but it didn't help much, so I gave the therapist a call and booked a session. Once you get past the initial embarrassment, its okay, small talk ensures....and slowly my tummy got easier. I went 3 times in total and I have to say my output became more regular since then. I was advised on a healthy bowel diet and I'm all sorted now.

I've looked around for this therapy, there are not many therapists doing this. Are there any risks to your bowel /health in having this treatment?

I can't believe this is a therapy, do people actually go to these places in the same way you have a regular massage?

Why would someone go? What is the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by lifesaball View Post
    I can't believe this is a therapy, do people actually go to these places in the same way you have a regular massage?
    Why would someone go? What is the reason?
    I can't answer your question as to whether people choose to have a colonic in the same way as they would a massage, but I do know that people often choose to have a colonic if they have a sluggish digestion or suffer from irritable bowel and bloating. Therefore, in this case they often go for mini treatment courses maybe 2-3 times a year to keep themselves feeling healthy and ridding themselves of stagnant debris in the bowel.

Is there such a thing as stagnant debris in the bowel? surely our bodies are made so that they reject everything, it is an amazing detox system, every time you poo (sorry tmi), you clear out your colon taking any bits of debris with it, surely? I cant imagine poo leapfrogging over other bits of poo towards the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannij View Post
    I've looked around for this therapy, there are not many therapists doing this. Are there any risks to your bowel /health in having this treatment?
    I read that someone became quite ill after having a course of treatments of colonic irrigation. Apparently, she was fine the first few times, making her go back for further treatments, but then on one occasion she fell very ill, it took her a year to recover. It was something to do with potassium and pulling good nutrients out of the body and not replacing the good stuff.

but, lets be honest, you can google any therapy/medication and find someone who has had a reaction to it. I would say, if you are interested, go to a therapist with a good reputation, or better still go from word of mouth.

Do you know if the colonic irrigation therapists do the faecal transplants? I've head really good news about this type of therapy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade26 View Post
    Do you know if the colonic irrigation therapists do the faecal transplants? I've head really good news about this type of therapy.
    Hi Jade,

I have moved any further replies regarding Faecal transplants to a new thread