Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonic Irrigation

I've never heard of this can't understand why anyone would consider this a therapy is it preventative or reactive therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFries52 View Post
    I've never heard of this can't understand why anyone would consider this a therapy is it preventative or reactive therapy?
    It can be both depending on the person and there condition.

You would be surprised by how many people suffer from constipation, it is all down to our poor dietary intake. People don't eat a variety of fruit and veg a day, every day. It might only be once or twice a week, they don't drink enough, move enough etc all of these things lead to sluggish bowels and problems.

If I could afford to go regularly I would make it a tri-annual affair just to keep on top of things, but it is quite expensive.

I have read this thread with interest, I am really surprised that people have this as a therapy to deal with constipation why don't they just eat a better diet? If there diet is so poor that they have to resort to this type of therapy, wouldn't it make them sit back and question their lifestyle habits?

This is something that in principle sounds great to get rid of all the crap!!! But I just couldn’t stand the process, how embarrassing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie361 View Post
    This is something that in principle sounds great to get rid of all the crap!!! But I just couldn’t stand the process, how embarrassing
    Its just poo! You can do this t home, although person;Lu I don’t think I would recommend it, I would always recommend going to a professional for this type of treatment.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Colonic irrigation is now said to be helpful in the treatment of irritable Bowel syndrome IBS, often herbs can be added to the water that can calm the bowel. I’m not sure if aloe Vera can be added, but if it can, this may explain why people with IBS get benefit.

Colonic irrigation, also known as colon hydrotherapy, is a therapeutic procedure that involves the gentle infusion of warm water into the colon to cleanse and detoxify the digestive system. From a practitioner's perspective, there are several potential benefits associated with colonic irrigation.

Firstly, colonic irrigation can help remove accumulated waste, toxins, and harmful bacteria from the colon. This cleansing process may promote better digestion, improved nutrient absorption, and enhanced overall gut health.

Secondly, practitioners believe that colonic irrigation can help alleviate symptoms of constipation, bloating, and gas. By flushing out stagnant fecal matter and promoting regular bowel movements, it may provide relief and improve bowel regularity.

Additionally, some practitioners suggest that colonic irrigation can support the body's natural detoxification processes. By eliminating toxins and waste, it may enhance liver function and boost the immune system.

Colonic irrigation is thought to promote a sense of well-being and increased energy levels. Some individuals report feeling lighter, more refreshed, and experiencing improved mental clarity after the procedure.