Thread: Would you take a hormone to lose weight?

Would you take a hormone to lose weight?

A hormone that can suppress food intake and increase the feeling of fullness in mice has shown similar results in humans and non-human primates, says a new study published today in eLife.

I have put on weight and I have gone from a size 8 to 14 and try as I might I have absolutely no will power to diet so I would consider taking this but is it safe and would you take it?

Any safe way to lose weight without needing a strong willpower would be gratefully received please?

The decision to take hormones for weight loss should be made in consultation with a qualified healthcare professional and based on your specific medical situation. Hormone therapy for weight loss is typically only considered in cases where there is an underlying hormonal imbalance that is contributing to weight gain.

Hormones like thyroid hormones or certain medications might be prescribed if there's a medical condition such as hypothyroidism that is causing weight gain. However, using hormones for weight loss without a medical necessity can have serious side effects and is not a safe or recommended approach.

It's essential to prioritize a healthy and balanced diet, regular exercise, and lifestyle changes as the primary methods for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Always consult with a healthcare provider before considering any hormonal treatments or weight loss interventions.