Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is another way

There is another way

I’ve always been health conscious, or rather conscious of my health and I try to be careful about the foods I consume and then get frustrated when I get illnesses etc, as I feel my lifestyle should rule me out of such events.

More recent health events have been no exception to this. I have suffered debilitating pain which has resulted in my inability to be fully functional. This was causing me great frustration and elicited doubt about my belief systems.

Moving forward and while I going treatment I got chatting to a medical professional who was telling me about a person with severe arthritic pain, requiring the drug Methotrexate, a very strong and powerful drug with numerous side effects. This person noted that certain foods related to flare-ups of pain and so did an experiment of changing their diet and eliminating foods that promoted inflammation, and subsequently pain. After a short while, they are now pain free and off Methotrexate!

How amazing is that! It just shows you that there is another way to health and that many of our choices in life contribute to our overall health and well-being. It is just that most people are not willing to go the extra mile and make the changes needed.

Interesting, so the person in the story was being treated for arthritis and now they are not taking the drug due to a change in their diet? that’s inspirational, so are they considered free from arthritis?

I would love to know which foods contributed to the pain and equally the new diet that was so beneficial to her health. What a truly inspirational story

I think our food contributes massively to our health and sense of pain. It is well documented that dairy, alcohol and wheat are inflammatory. You take these out of a persons diet and watch them drop weight and feel 100 times better. I’ve seen it so many times!

I notice if I drink certain alcohol I get almost immediate pain in the joints in my arms. Weird, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    I would love to know which foods contributed to the pain and equally the new diet that was so beneficial to her health. What a truly inspirational story

I should have asked more, I will try and find out. I’m guessing due to patient confidentiality they won’t say, but I can ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    Interesting, so the person in the story was being treated for arthritis and now they are not taking the drug due to a change in their diet? that’s inspirational, so are they considered free from arthritis?
    I believe the person considered themselves free from arthritis

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I think our food contributes massively to our health and sense of pain. It is well documented that dairy, alcohol and wheat are inflammatory. You take these out of a persons diet and watch them drop weight and feel 100 times better. I’ve seen it so many times!
    I am affected terribly by eating wheat, dairy and alcohol but I just don’t have a clue how to eat differently so I am stuck in a cycle of bloating and pain which is my own fault! As a single mum and working full time on a limited budget I don’t have the time or money to make the changes. I need a life coach!

Food is very powerful, both positive and negatively. This seems very little understood or even believed.

I tell people time and time again think about the way people react to food, it’s terms of allergy’s this is rapid, that shows you how quickly the human body assesses the food that is consumed and how quickly it starts to assimilate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rach89 View Post
    I am affected terribly by eating wheat, dairy and alcohol but I just don’t have a clue how to eat differently so I am stuck in a cycle of bloating and pain which is my own fault! As a single mum and working full time on a limited budget I don’t have the time or money to make the changes. I need a life coach!

There are loads of alternatives, proper soda bread is better than normal bread, it is gut friendly and fab with cheese. There are tons of alternatives to dairy now, so making a change is so much easier. Unfortunately there are not any good alternatives to alcohol... and a girl has to have some vices