Thread: Brexit

Brexit

It’s nearly happening, with a deal that none of us know yet

The EU has suggested that the freedom to travel in January may be curtailed, now we are fast approaching this momentous occasion, what are your thoughts? Happy? Sad?

I think it’s disgusting that we are so close to leaving yet have no idea about how our lives will be affected. It’s wrong that they have taken this to the wire. Personally I feel very sad, I think there are issues with the EU and they do need to be sorted, but I’d rather be in than out!

I'm upset, mainly because of my concerns about British farming and lower standard food imports. I work with some very intelligent people at work and when it came time to vote for Brexit they had no idea of the implications, I had to explain about farming and how payments to farmers work. I mainly hope that all the benefits of Brexit are true and we come to see them. Part of me also thinks it might be a good thing, though I voted to stay in the EU, because this pandemic may mean countries need bailing out financially and we may no longer have that obligation? Maybe not a good thing but as a country probably is?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I am worried that the deal that we come out with ultimately means we are closely tied to them with laws and controls in order to obtain a deal, a scenario surely was the main reason people wanted out of Brexit.

Unfortunately, it is a messy divorce and I see no easy way out of it to please the masses other than a clean break.

Tomorrow is deadline day and this should be the day we know what the future plan is, but I bet it gets stretched out! There are so many what-ifs and frustratingly I believe we are in this mess because of lies that should have made the referendum null and void.

Sadly I don’t have a clue about Brexit or what it means to us but I am certainly not worried about it. Restricting our travel could be beneficial to reducing our carbon footprint. I am sure you won’t notice any difference at all. They made a massive deal out of the millennium and computers and nuclear weapons are going to be launched as the clocks ticked over but nothing happened. Not the same I know but unless you are trading on the stock market or in the EU it is only going to possibly affect the items you buy as they are possibly more expensive, we shall find out soon enough!