Thread: Myrrh - Commiphora myrrh

Blog Entries

Myrrh - Commiphora myrrh

Name:  4C6E35D0-914B-47AD-B7A3-BCF91CAC5F74.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  16.7 KB

Myrrh
    Myrrh comes the resin of a small tree that grows in East Africa. It has been greatly valued a s a sacred herb and incense ingredient. Dried lumps of resin are steam distilled to produce the essential oil.

The oil is viscous in nature and can vary in colour from pale orange to dark red. It has an initial sweetness followed by a balsamic, medicinal, dry smell.

Key actions:
    Stimulating, strengthening and antiseptic.

Benefits:
    Respiratory
    Myrrh essential oil is an excellent expectorant, particularly when there is thick, white mucus. It can be used in steam inhalations to treat chronic lung conditions, coughs, colds and bronchitis.

Skin
    A traditional treatment, capable of delaying wrinkles and other signs of ageing skin.

Digestion
    Massage over the abdomen, to treat sluggish digestion and wind.

Dental Health
    Makes an excellent mouth wash ingredient to treat infection or inflammation including mouth ulcers, pyorrhoea, sore throat, bleeding gums, bad breath and thrush.

Usage:
    See ‘Safe Use of Essential Oils’ article

Bath, massage, diffusion, inhalation, mouthwash or facial toner.

Blends well with: Spice oils, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, Lemon, Patchouli and Rosemary.

Safety:
    Non-irritant in dilution.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I had no idea that it can delay wrinkles, I will be adding this to my shopping list!