Thread: Meat going plant based

Meat going plant based

Has anyone else noticed the big drive to change your everyday meat options into plant based alternatives?

I read somewhere that there was a bigger plan to change everyones eating habits away from meat to plant based, ,limiting real meet to a couple of servings a week, this would be for environmental causes.

I’ve noticed an increase in food establishments doing plant based meat alternatives, there are a-frames out advertising plant based fast foods, burgers, etc

I don’t know many people that take up this alternative, certainly not amongst my meat eating friends. It seems that the people trying these substitutes were very likely plant based, non-meat eaters in the first place.

Beyond meat is really aimed at the meat eaters and in my opinion, not aimed at the community that are plant-based whole food, vegan or vegetarian.

It looks like meat, has the texture of meat and tries to emulate meat in its flavour. So someone who is repulsed by meat and all the connotations that go with that, animal cruelty, health, environment etc will not find this an option.

I don’t like any of the alternative, pretend to be meat, but not.

Personally I don’t get it, you either like meat, the texture and flavour or you don’t. Those that don’t generally don’t seek out something that does reflect on the things they don’t like.

I’m all for meat coming off the menu, I know people bang on about it being our natural food source, which I could accept when we chased down a rat, but not when we grow and mass slaughter in a cruel way animals.

So for me, meat is out, plants are good

I’m all for meat coming off the menu, I know people bang on about it being our natural food source, which I could accept when we chased down a rat, but not when we grow and mass slaughter in a cruel way animals.

So for me, meat is out, plants are good