Thread: Patchouli - Pogostemon cablin

Blog Entries

Patchouli - Pogostemon cablin

Name:  9E333B91-5B79-4723-A94F-74AA35F457CC.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  11.5 KB

Patchouli

Patchouli has been used for centuries as incense and perfume. It was traditionally incorporated into carpets and fabrics to give them fragrance and to repel insects. The oil has a dry, aromatic, woody, almost musky smell. It is a thick liquid varying from amber to dark reddish brown.

Key actions:
    Stimulating and strengthening.

Benefits:
    Respiratory
    Use in steam inhalations to clear mucous. It has both antibacterial and antiviral properties to help fight many infections or viruses.

Mind and emotions
    Incorporated into massage oils or room scents, it's an anti-depressant useful in the treatment of nervous exhaustion, stress and anxiety. A traditional aphrodisiac and remedy for frigidity.

Digestion
    Has a balancing effect that makes it useful for diarrhoea and relieving constipation, when it is due to sluggish peristalsis or lack of muscle tone. try massaging over abdomen.

Skin
    Astringent and antiseptic properties aid the treatment of acne, oily skin, weeping sores and impetigo. Helps healthy skin tissue to regenerate, so useful for improving scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. An anti fungal for treating athlete's foot and other fungal infections.

Usage:
    See 'Safe Use of Essential Oils' article

Bath, diffusion, massage, skin, toner, inhalation or perfume

Blends well with: Cedarwood, Geranium, Neroli, Orange, Rose, and Frankincense.

Safety:
    Non-irritant in dilution.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I’m really surprised at the benefits of Patchouli oil, so if I add a few drops of this into my face cream, I could really improve its skin benefits in terms of age defence.

As an added benefit the smell will help lift my mood too

I do like using essential oils, there is something really relaxing in the ritual of it, it’s like a mini moment of Me time.