Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dieting and weightloss

Some times it seems such a slog, I have days which are stressful, and it is those days when I just want to grab a cake or something to 'make the day better', which of course it does....then once I've eaten it, and I think about it, it makes the day worse, so much worse.

I'm convinced dieting is harder than giving up any other substance, because you always have to eat and bad food, always smells so damn good.

John B, keep the goal in mind, and if you have a crap day, make yourself a bowl full of bananas, a splodge of live yogurt and a pouring of home made warm date syrup.... Heaven

All the naughtiness of sweet, processed rubbish, without the damage

I agree with you, but life is about rushing. People don't have the time or the inclination to spend ages cooking. There has to be a happy medium.

After watching the movie Fed-Up, (article oh sugar, sugar), I do wonder how anyone loses weight with such nutrient deficient foods available. How are you getting on John B?

I'm trying to shed a bit of weight before Christmas, but I'm in a bit of a quandary. The full fat version of my yogurt is 75 kcal, but the low fat one is 37kcal.

Surely the lower calories are a better choice, but the articles on here suggest that is not the case.

What is the best choice?

Has anyone tried any recipes from Deliciously Ella? I'm not sure how healthy some of that stuff is, with all the nut butters.

Blog Entries
    We haven't heard from you in a while, how are you getting on John B?

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    We haven't heard from you in a while, how are you getting on John B?
    Thanks for asking, I have my good days and bad days. The bad days normally fall on the days when I haven't planned things well.
    I'm losing weight, but slowly. Which I suppose is a good thing, but is frustrating at times.

I think if you make the weight loss your only goal it will seem frustrating. Maybe re–jig your thinking, as see it not as a diet, but a lifestyle change. Let's be honest you can never return to your old way of eating, so it is a lifetime change.

Therefore the goal should be better health, rather than Weightloss.

All is going well, I've noticed my palate for the foods I once loved has changed and I now prefer and weirdly crave more whole food. I never thought I would crave spinach!

I found that the more I get into a routine the easier my diet is, I now have green smoothies every morning and I've noticed I can tolerate more and more greens, which is the way forward I believe.

I do have the occasional treat of take away food, but my mindset has changed and I don't focus on the importance of that food. Plus, I don't seem to enjoy it as much, well, not the after affects anyway.